A Ribbon Cutting ceremony is a great opportunity to recognize and celebrate your business and can be an important part of your overall marketing and advertising plan.
RAMAC can help your business celebrate with a Ribbon Cutting ceremony. Your event may include an open house or grand opening as well. This is YOUR event – RAMAC will simply assist with the specific ribbon cutting ceremony portion.
Your business must be a new or current RAMAC member in good standing and should meet one of the following criteria:
- A new business
- Changed ownership or under new management
- Moved to a new location
- Have been remodeled or expanded at its present location
- Celebrating a milestone anniversary
NOTE: Scheduling a Ribbon Cutting should be at a minimum of two weeks prior to the event.
- Work with member to secure date and time of ceremony, as needed
- Invite dignitaries from municipalities (depending on business location – City, County, Mount Pleasant, Caledonia, Sturtevant)
- Create an agenda
- The RAMAC President/CEO, or designee, will serve as ‘master of ceremonies’ to keep the ceremony on schedule
- Provide the oversized scissors and red ribbon (if needed). You may provide your own ribbon if you have a specific color theme, etc.
- RAMAC will do our best to secure our photographer for the ribbon cutting ceremony portion only.
NOTE: We cannot always solidify our photographer and will communicate with you if we cannot.
- If needed, we can assist in writing a press release but it is ultimately the businesses responsibility to do so and submit to the media as they wish.
- RAMAC will use its website calendar, membership list(s) and social media to promote the event as best we can depending on timing, etc.
- Include a photo acknowledgment of your ribbon cutting in the RAMAC Voice publication.
- Identify event coordinator if doing a larger open house, grand opening or event
- Confirm date, time and location of event with RAMAC
- Confirm speakers from your business who will want to be included on the ribbon cutting ceremony agenda
- Determine who will cut the ribbon and who should be in photos
- Develop a flyer for promotion of event
- Internally promote event to clients and other guests to supplement RAMAC promotion.
NOTE: We strongly encourage you to conduct your own PR campaign to increase the attendance and awareness of your event. You should not rely solely on RAMAC to attract your audience.
- This is YOUR event! RAMAC can simply assist with the ribbon cutting ceremony portion.
RAMAC can assist in a press release if needed. It is ultimately your responsibility to let the media know about your event.
Can submit online a press release, new business form or event notice
Who should you invite?
- Neighboring businesses
- Existing customers
- Prospective customers
- Suppliers to your trade
- Personal family and friends
- Others that helped you achieve your success – accountant, attorney, banker, etc.
Event detail ideas
- Choose a color theme – corporate colors
- Purchase a ribbon in that color for the ribbon cutting specifically (or RAMAC will provide a red ribbon)
- Secure a photographer for the entire event – post photos prominently after event and/or on social media
- Include tours of your facility
- Are you serving food? Provide snacks and/or beverages
- Give out gifts or promotional items to guests
- Give out certificates or coupons
- Have a drawing
- Provide brochures, business cards, etc.