As the voice of business, it is imperative for RAMAC to weigh in on issues important to the business community and the community as a whole. RAMAC’s Public Policy Committee meets regularly to review and discuss a broad range of topics and issues. RAMAC assists businesses of all sizes when dealing with government – from state and federal legislative issues to assistance at the local level.
Current Issues & News
- 5/2021 – RAMAC signed onto a letter to Governor Evers through the Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce Executives (WCCE) urging lawmakers to end federal pandemic-related unemployment benefit programs that are contributing to the state’s dire workforce shortage. The letter explains that the inability to find workers has reached a crisis level in Wisconsin, and that if nothing is done, irreversible damage will be done to the state’s economy.
- 3/2021 – RAMAC endorses School Board candidates Ally Docksey, District 5, and Carmella Venturini, District 6, through the Good Government Council. In addition, RAMAC supports Mike Rosenbaum for Sturtevant President.
- 2/2021 – RAMAC joined the Stop the COVID Spread! Coalition, a statewide coalition to combat the spread of COVID-19.
- 1/2021 – RAMAC signed onto a letter urging the governor and legislature to enact COVID-19 Liability Protections for businesses.
Public Policy Committee Members
- Torben Christensen, Wiscon Products – Committee Chair
- Heather Berlinski, SC Johnson
- Dominic Cariello, All Integrated Solutions
- Randy Ekern, InSinkErator
- Mark Lewis, Wisconn Valley Media
- Dan Pettit, DeMark, Kolbe & Brodek
- 11/2020 – RAMAC supports strategic opening with an op-ed in the Journal Times highlighting concerns about socioeconomic impact not only for students but the parents who also need to work which in turn impacts businesses.
- 10/2020 – Gov. Evers Administration plans to release the names of businesses who have had at least two employees test positive for Covid-19. WMC files a complaint, and RAMAC is part of an amicus brief being filed to stop this from happening.
- 6/2020 – To call for the removal of police officers from schools will not solve the problem of school safety, and may, in fact, make it worse. RAMAC provides a commentary on this issue with an op-ed in the Journal Times.
- 4/2020 – RAMAC, along with Racine County Executive Jonathan Delagrave, released the final report of the Rebound Racine County Task Force, which studied how to reopen local businesses in the wake of COVID-19.
- 5/2019 – One way to help grow the business community in southeastern Wisconsin is to improve performance on the Hiawatha passenger service rail line. RAMAC strongly supports increasing the Hiawatha Service Milwaukee-Chicago Amtrak to ten round-trips daily.
- 3/2019 – School Board Races – RAMAC supports Hoover and Cimbalnick.